ONTRAPORT now offers their users a feature that allows them to integrate CRM, sales and marketing data held in ONTRAPORT directly with their Facebook Ad program.
The new feature allows marketers to automatically add/remove contacts to and from Facebook Audiences. This offers new marketing automation possibilities:
- Connect the platform with Facebook accounts to avoid having to manually export and import contact data.
- Automatically update Facebook Custom Audiences with new leads and customers removing them from re-marketing when they just converted.
Match on email address to reach leads and Customers
Facebook Custom Audiences allows marketers to “reach” leads and customers on email and contact lists with ads on Facebook. Facebook will match contacts based on their email address.
If an email address from the Marketing database matches a Facebook email address, it is able to link the two together and identify the contact, allowing marketers to target them. Pixel-based tracking from Facebook also is able to identify other email address the contact has used and match those as well.
Segmentation and targeting with Facebook Custom audiences integration
Marketers can use the data in the ONTRAPORT platform to automatically add or remove contacts to Facebook Custom Audiences with Rules. This means the possibility for automated targeting and segmenting through Facebook ads.
According to the platform’s makers, marketers can automatically update each contact’s custom audience membership in real-time based any updates to contact records. For instance, updates showing webinars registrations or attendances, links clicked, field changes made a sales team, pages viewed (or not viewed) or products purchased (or not).
Some of the possible use cases the Ontraport team shared were:
- Running a birthday ad campaign on Facebook, timed based on the contact’s birth date available in the marketing database.
- Deploying ads based on the contact’s funnel stage.
- Running targeted campaigns when a contact shows interest in a particular subject or product – or based on any data stored in the ONTRAPORT account.
For the integration to work, a marketer has to first create a Facebook Developers and Ads account and connect them to the marketing platform.
Once linked, they can start automating Facebook Custom Audience targeting. The Facebook Custom Audiences integration is available since beginning of February to all ONTRAPORT Customers.