Aweber announced a new feature to its email marketing and automation platform. This will let users add tags, in order to segment their email lists and send more targeted emails.
Email segmentation with subscriber tagging
The subscribers get tagged based on their preferences and actions. Then, marketers can build segmented audiences from those tags to send targeted emails.
Email segmentation by tagging allows for two uses:
- Split and select lists to send more targeted, personalized content.
- Sending autoresponder messages based on tags.
Scheduled email series
With Aweber users can set up and schedule a sequence of automatic emails. The new tagging segmentation feature also works with such automated triggers or drip campaigns. These can be e.g. welcome or product launch series, or an educational course.
Example use of tagging feature
Let’s say the marketer using Aweber is a food blogger. His/her most popular incentive to sign up is a 7-day vegan meal recipes course.
- After the subscribers sign up for the campaign, they receive the tags “vegan” and “vegan_7daycourse”.
- The blogger sends vegan recipes to them for 7 days. (it is triggered on tag applied)
- When the 7-day campaign is over, the marketer can keep sending them blast emails, like the latest blog posts. But he/she can also easily select who got this course. Additional tags can show who was really active and read most of the recipes (recipe fans!). And the blogger can keep sending them more recipes.
- The marketer can send them targeted emails when he/she selects the tag “vegan”.
See video explaining tagging on the aweber automation page
Pricing and availability
The tagging is available now. AWeber is introducing the tagging feature included and at no extra cost to their customers. There are no different package tiers all Aweber features are available at the point of sign up no matter the size of their email subscriber base.